RSS

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pence for Spence

Meet Spencer Sweeney. He's an artist whose website I've been saving for a while and can't remember why. Perhaps a FB friend? Or a blog I saw? Eh.

I like how unbalanced his work is. The above reminds me of Rocky Horror (not the movie, the character). Invoking ironic horror/b-movie color, this is the one I want to buy most.

It's not all about color, though. This one's more b&w but still has that cheesy-on-purpose vibe. There's a skull and a 666, weeeeewwwwww, scaaarrry. Not. But good.

I like this one because it's called "Shitbow." And there's a Warhol quality to it.


Reminds me of Peepshow. The brights pop. Especially the little yellow and green one in the top left. It's my fave.


Love love love the pop of green at the top.

I see a Picasso mouth. This is called "Bad Credit Okay."


No comments: