RSS

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Smashing Saturday Playlist

pic: hitzonly.com

Following Courtney Love (performing as Hole) a couple of weeks ago, this week I will see Smashing Pumpkins (aka Billy Corgan & Strangers). She name dropped Corgan a couple of times, I believe using the term "Billy Pumpkin," (which isn't a bad name for my firstborn son). Check that link--as I took some waycool pictures. I'll post some other outtakes here the next time I'm in-Love (mode).

Anyway. Pumpkins. After Thursday, REM is the only 90s band to remain lonely and unheard on my bucket list. I have a couple that won't happen (Nirvana), are hybrid bands (Audioslave instead of Rage or Soundgarden) or have happened in updated forms (Hole is a perfect example). But I'm doing pretty good--having seen real versions of Pixies, Sonic Youth, Phish, STP, Pearl Jam, and so on.

I technically have seen all three original members of the Pumpkins except Billy Corgan. I was even trapped on an elevator with James Iha during SXSW a few years ago. I'm stoked nonetheless.

I have listened to Gish, both Mellon Collies, Siamese Dream, and Accoustic in France today. Pics to the show will be up next weekend.

No comments: